We are looking for a talented, ambitious, and highly capable Manufacturing/Composite Technician to join our growing production team and work on a production environment, where cutting-edge materials are combined with innovative manufacturing processes to result in high performance composite parts. As part of the production team, you will support the production’s tasks and interface not only with your teammates but also with the engineering and materials teams and external suppliers that support the company’s production. A first-class manufacturing technician will be someone whose production knowledge and skills result in the manufacturing of high-quality products.
The position is full time employment contract and is based in Patras, Greece.
About Adamant Composites
Adamant Composites is developing high-end, state-of-the-art solutions serving primarily the Space, Aerospace and Defence markets. Since our foundation in 2012, we have successfully completed projects for several institutional and industrial clients such as the European Space Agency and Airbus. Our expertise lies in the design of large deployable structures, the engineering of composite and nano-enabled materials in applications such as batteries, hydrogen storage tanks, UAVs airframes, deployable structure subsystems, structural components and ground support equipment for satellites and launchers.
You will be joining Adamant at an exciting time, as we are currently joining forces with trusted partners to further mature our technologies and penetrate highly lucrative markets that attract attention from top investors.
About the Team
We have a hard-working, and kind team culture and offer our people the opportunity to work on cutting-edge engineering projects that require very challenging productions. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing, and adapting the way we do things. We are also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing, and building a company we are truly proud of. We are all passionate about our mission and are determined to become a successful and reputable company in high value markets such as Defense and Space.
We take great care with who we hire, and all team members are superbly talented and nice. If you are hardworking, passionate and want to make an impact, you will fit right in.
Responsibilities / What you will be doing
- Strictly following health and safety procedures and protocols.
- Performing assigned product manufacturing and assembly tasks with close adherence to internal Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and external regulations.
- Working under the general guidance of supervision and may receive job assignments and interface with technical and engineering personnel.
- Reading and interpreting drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents.
- Documenting of the implemented manufacturing processes.
- Mixing solvents, resins, and catalysts.
- Operating PLC based machinery and equipment.
- Performing coating, deposition, impregnation, irradiation processes.
- Implementing Composites Manufacturing Processes: prepreg lamination, wet lay-up, infusion, vacuum bagging, demolding, surface finishing, quality inspection.
- Sanding, cutting, and grinding composite and other materials.
- Monitoring any variables within the process and adjusting when required.
- Measuring and weighing materials.
- Supporting in establishing new processes and procedures.
- Routine operation of equipment including inspection, cleaning, and maintenance in accordance with operational instructions.
- Packaging for shipment.
- Help maintaining a clean, safe and healthy work area.
Who we are looking for
- At minimum a Degree from a Technological Educational Institute (preferably Mechanical) or an equivalent combination of High School Education and 3 to 5 years Work-related Experience.
- Good Craftmanship – skillful hands with a Can-Do attitude.
- Physical dexterity.
- Familiarity with common shop tools – band saws & grinders, disk cutters & sanders, power-drills etc.
- Attention to detail – there are often many steps involved in a process; must be familiar with the details of each. Must follow SOPs closely.
- Respect of Health & Safety – understands the necessity of wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (e.g. full body suit, respirator, protective glasses etc) and feels comfortable performing technical operations while wearing them.
- Good communication skills – written skills are important to ensure clear documentation and verbal and listening skills are important to ensure efficient transfer of information between team-members, other departments, and external suppliers.
- Awareness – must be able to quickly identify when the manufacturing process is deviating from the norm and when to involve senior staff.
- Calm under pressure – must be able to confidently address problems if they arise, take appropriate action, and involve others when needed.
- Measurement & Math – ability in mathematics and measurement.
- Engineering Documentation – able to read and follow blueprints and other types of engineering documentation.
- Good computer skills – much of the documentation of manufacturing involves computer systems.
- Curious in nature and passionate about making an impact
- Team player accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings but also capable to work independently.
- Adequate Fluency in English.
Extra points for:
- 2+ years of Work Experience in a similar Production Environment (Composite Materials).
- Ability to use CAD (Computer-Aided Design) and CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) software.
- Experience in CNC machining.
- Good knowledge of machining and other manufacturing processes (e.g. welding) for metallic parts and structures.
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- A paid day of leave on your birthday
- A dynamic environment with international exposure
- Fast track career progression and other employee recognition & rewards programs
- Vast learning & development opportunities to build new technical and non-technical skills and competencies
Come as you areAdamant Composites Ltd. is a progressive, open-minded meritocracy. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Your gender, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, social or ethnic origin don’t make a difference here. If you are talented and good at what you do, come as you are.
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter via e-mail to: